1967 – 2017: protecting Snowdonia for 50 years
2017 is the Snowdonia Society’s 50th anniversary year.
We want to say a huge thank you to all our supporters and members.
To celebrate this big birthday, we’ve got a new logo and we’ve organised a whole series of special events throughout the year. More details to come but put some of these in your diary. Do get involved!
Just a few of the special events for 2017
- Launching ‘Practical Conservation Skills’ accreditation for volunteers.
- Celebration picnic on June 10th – the date of the very first Snowdonia Society meeting in 1967. Were you there? Let us know and we’ll add your name to the VIP list!
- Snowdonia Society 50th anniversary exhibition; our past present and future at St Julitta’s church and other venues.
- Volunteer week – June 5th-9th
- A week on Bardsey Island for Snowdonia Society members – July 1st – 8th
- Help us waymark part of the new 85-mile Snowdonia Slate Trail– volunteering opportunities in July/August.
- ‘Make a Difference’ – big volunteer event – September 29th & 30th. Two days of varied conservation tasks. Good company, beautiful landscape, tasty food and a chance to give something back to Snowdonia.
- Iolo Williams will speak at our Conference & AGM weekend – October 14th & 15th
- Lots of walks, talks, training and volunteer events throughout the year.
Download our preliminary events calendar.