Find Tŷ Hyll
Tŷ Hyll (the Ugly House) is on the A5 between Capel Curig and Betws y Coed, where the A5 crosses the Llugwy river.
Tŷ Hyll, Capel Curig, Conwy
Not travelling by car? See Alternative travel.
No admission fee
There is no charge to visit Tŷ Hyll, the Honeybee Room or the garden. However, as a registered charity, we welcome donations towards their upkeep.
The garden and woodland are open all day every day all year round.
Tearoom and Honeybee Centre:
January 2017 – Closed
February 2017 – Open from the 11th to 14th 10:30am until 4pm. Also open 17th and 27th from 10:30am until 4pm.
March 2017 – Open every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday 10:30am until 4pm. Open 7 days a week from end of March onwards between 10:30am and 5:30pm.
April 2017 to November 2017 – Open 7 days a week 10:30am until 5:30pm
December – Closed
Tearoom bookings & enquiries
For groups of 8 or more visiting the tearoom, please contact them to book in advance:
Enquiries about Tŷ Hyll, the Honeybee Room & the gardens
This is a summary. Please refer to our full Access Statement for more detail.
- We welcome assistance dogs in all areas of the house and grounds
- There is one parking space reserved for Blue Badge holders in the upper car park
- The main entrance is not wheelchair accessible; we suggest wheelchair users use the second entrance approximately 10 metres further up the side road
- The tearoom is on the ground floor of the house and accessible via a ramp or steps; there is level access throughout the tearoom.
- We regret that access to the Honeybee Room is via a flight of narrow stairs only
- There is a wheelchair-accessible toilet at the rear of the building, available when the tearoom is open.