Find Tŷ Hyll
Tŷ Hyll (the Ugly House) is on the A5 between Capel Curig and Betws y Coed, where the A5 crosses the Llugwy river.
Tŷ Hyll, Capel Curig, Conwy
Not travelling by car? See Alternative travel.
No admission fee
There is no charge to visit Tŷ Hyll, the Honeybee Room or the garden. However, as a registered charity, we welcome donations towards their upkeep.
The garden and woodland are open all day every day all year round.
Tearoom and Honeybee Centre:
January 2018 – Closed
February 2018 – Open from the 10th to 20th daily, 10.30am until 4.30pm. Also open on weekends (Friday – Monday inclusive) until Easter.
Easter holidays onwards – Open 7 days a week between 10.30am and 5.00pm.
Winter 2018 – Open 7 days a week 10.30am until 4.30pm
December 2018 – Closed
January 2019 – Closed
Tearoom bookings & enquiries
For groups of 8 or more visiting the tearoom, please contact them to book in advance:
Enquiries about Tŷ Hyll, the Honeybee Room & the gardens
This is a summary. Please refer to our full Access Statement for more detail.
- We welcome assistance dogs in all areas of the house and grounds
- There is one parking space reserved for Blue Badge holders in the upper car park
- The main entrance is not wheelchair accessible; we suggest wheelchair users use the second entrance approximately 10 metres further up the side road
- The tearoom is on the ground floor of the house and accessible via a ramp or steps; there is level access throughout the tearoom.
- We regret that access to the Honeybee Room is via a flight of narrow stairs only
- There is a wheelchair-accessible toilet at the rear of the building, available when the tearoom is open.